Monday, July 26, 2010

Dyeing Workshop

A few weeks ago I took a fiber dyeing workshop from Woolybuns.

It was a lot of fun. I'm not a big fan of color- I'm always afraid that I'm going to somehow screw it up. But for that day? I blended and mixed and had a blast! We were given 4 skeins of merino and choices of colors. My first skein was sage green and pink. I love how this came out.
I did a skein in blue:
And here's 3 of the 4 skeins:

One skein wasn't dry, so I couldn't put it on the wooden table.

All in all, great time. I can see how it can become habit-forming.

Thanks, Chris for sharing your expertise!

(Also, as a side note, Blogger really sucks with trying to upload and move photos. My last 10 on Tuesday had 10 photos, which took almost 45 minutes to upload and arrange, only to have Blogger crap out on me...at some point. I thought it was good until I went back to check and I saw what a mess it was. Sigh. Tomorrow I will post 10 on Tues. again. I promise.)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home