Tuesday, August 03, 2010

10 on Tuesday

10 Things to bring on vacation:

1. In this house, a sense of humor is number one. Things are forgotten, we get lost, plans change, etc. We have learned that vacation is better when we can laugh about the things gone wrong.

2. Clothes. I'm a big fan of bringing old, worn clothes and leaving them at the destination. That way, I have more room for gifts. I love buying things for people while on vacation.

3. GPS. Love the invention of the gps.

4. The kids. I used to vacation in Vegas and Hawaii. Now, it's local staycations and occasionally Florida. But- exploring the world with my kids is one of the best things in my life.

5. Toothbrush. For a long time, 9 times out of 10 I'd forget mine, because I always brush before leaving the house, and think, "Hey, it's wet. I'll leave it in a place where it can dry and grab it on the way out." Every time, I'd forget it. I now have travel toothbrushes that stay in my suitcase.

6. Ipod. I don't leave home without it.

7. Same with my Flip Video camera. Love this thing.

8. Sunblock. Hello, I'm whiter than Wonder Bread. I burn in a moment's notice. I have sunblock on even in the winter.

9. Tea. I am a tea snob. I admit it. I bring tea with me while travelling. There will be no crappy tea on my watch.

10. Knitting. I can usually steal a few extra moments daily while on vacation to knit.

1 Comments:

Blogger Carole Knits said...

I have a travel bag from LL Bean and it's stocked with travel size toiletries, my tooth brush, earplugs and a bunch of other things. It makes it so easy to just grab that and know that all my stuff is already in there.

8:07 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home